-
August 24th, 2006, 01:15 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I love this thread. One thing we do every year is put on our pjs, pop some popcorn and drive around and look at Christmas lights. We've even incorporated our neighbors into this tradition. I'm glad we've never been pulled over because 6 adults and a couple of kids in their jammies is quite a site. I did get rid of the minivan this year so it will be a family only event this season. I like to take the kids shopping for toys for tots and we also go through their existing toys to donate to Salvation Army. After Christmas dinner we play Bingo for ridiculous dollar store prizes. I lost my grandmother and dad in the past 3 years.We always have over neighbors and friends as the only immediate family we have is my mom, my brother and sister-in-law, my aunt, uncle and my 2 first cousins and their spouses. My husband's mother lives in Alabama and we rarely see her. I appreciate holidays and time spent together like no other and hope that my children will remember these goofy traditions and pass them on to their families later in life.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks